…AM I SCARED IN CARS?
I have a great problem and this is a thing among men, so I wrote this post while I was perching on my DADS legs and maybe someone has an idea how I could solve it:
I’m scared in cars. The first problem is, how to get me in: sometimes I jump in like most dogs do, but sometimes my dad has to lift me in. If I’m in the car, we start and drive. BUT: at the first sign of oncoming traffic I get out of control. I’m always tied like an ups-parcel with my security belt, but if I notice a car comes to meet I’m totally over the top and try to get in the front area of the car. I’m shaking all over my body and I’m drooling very much.
We tried a lot of things:
– mom with me on the back seat – failed – same effect – and even a damaged mom
– me in disguise as a parcel as co-pilot – failed – same effect and an annoying dad and a dizzily car
– dad sold his car, because he suspected it could smell like the formerly dogs and this could make me nervous (and mom H.A.T.E.D this car)
– we used our neighbors car – same effect (a cargo van – formerly passenger: A RAM!)
– we tried grandparents car – it was VIRGIN- no dog (NO RAM) was inside before – same thing
– we tried a separation behind the front seats – was damaged some minutes after seeing oncoming traffic
– me as the driver – failed – my legs have been to short, I could not reach the pedals
…and the highlight: me in the load area of the station wagon, mom was hanging headlong over the backseat to calm me down, her pants stucked on the headrest, slipped and the whole oncoming traffic gots a fabulous “mooning”.
We read yesterday at Savannahs Blog about “Body Memories”. Could it be that I have such a thing? Is it possible? Can we do something for taking influence? How to find out which memories or experiences are the trigger for this behavior?
We asked my Breeder, if I have had bad experiences with cars, but she said: No, never. I had my first ride in a car as I was picked up by my staff. Staff has NO IDEA what could happened to me in conclusion with the car. If we need some things mom or dad moves to the city and one of them is at home with me. So I have not to stay in the car while shopping, because we had a honking dog and a chewed hand brake and they said it’s enough. We never had an accident, because all other people flee in panic if they see one of my staff from a distance … so thereof I had no bad experiences . I’m not scary that we will move to the vet when we use the car, because I have no fair of the vet (rather he about me).
What could it be? What can we try? Should we only drive on one-way streets?<— GPS said: IMPOSSIBLE!
HAVE AN UNPROBLEMATIC MONDAY ALL